We are a dedicated safari travel company with a wide range of holiday tours exploring the very best of Southern African destinations such as: pre-established routes and dates with guaranteed prices, private guided tours, tailor made safaris, excellent value for money excursions, luxury trains, specialized golf or scuba-diving trips, incentives and African island holidays. For those who want to travel via our self-drive package, we offer programs and reservations for the entire route. We will help you fulfill your African dream.
D 1 Johannesburg – Pretoria – Lesedi
– Arrival in Johannesburg – sightseeing of the city: drive through the oldest, colonial districts of Johannesburg (Houghton with Nelson Mandela’s house and Parktown) and the city centre.
In the afternoon drive to the Lesedi Cultural Village. A visit traditional Zulu, Basotho, Xhosa and Pedi homesteads, followed by energetic African dancing at sunset by the fire and “Big African Feast”. Overnight in Johannesburg.
D 2 Panoramic Route
Departure towards picturesque Panoramic Route, offering one of the most stunning scenery of the surrounding area. Our first stop will be God’s Window, which owns its name to the dramatic views from various viewpoints overlooking the almost sheer 300 m drop into an indigenous forest-clad ravine.
Afterwards we continue north to see Bourke’s Luck Potholes that have been carved out by water and stone falling down into Blyde River resulting in spectacular cylinders (up to six meters deep) with smooth and colorful rims. This natural feature marks the beginning of the Blyde River Canyon, which is the third largest canyon in the world, well known for its natural beauty and diversity of its flora and fauna. Nearby we visit another highlight of the Scenic Drive – Three Rondavels – three hut-shaped rock formations. On our way back we will also stop at the Lisbon Falls, which is the highest in the area.
At the end of our journey we will have a break at Pilgrim’s Rest – a little charming town that was founded after the discovery of gold in the stream flowing through the valley. Presently Pilgrim’s Rest is like a living museum, preserved in the exact style of the gold rush period with many buildings unchanged for more than a century.
Overnight at the lodge adjoining the Kruger Park.
D 3 Kruger Park
Departure for a full day safari in the Kruger National Park – one of the largest and best game reserves in Africa. The area covering almost 2 million hectares is home to an impressive number of species (almost 150 mammals, more than 500 birds, and 100 reptiles) among them the famous “Big Five”: rhino, elephant, leopard, buffalo and lion.
Overnight in Komatiport.
D 4 Maputo – Inhambane
After early breakfast we cross the Mozambique border and drive to Inhambane through Maputo.
Overnight at the lodge in Inhambabe.
D 5-6 Diving
– days for diving with : huge mantas, whale sharks, whales and large sea turtles.
Overnight at lodge in Inhambane.
D 7 Inhambane – Maputo
– after breakfast check out from the lodge and drive to Maputo.
Overnight at the hotel in Maputo.
D 8 Maputo – Swaziland – Sodwana Bay
– Early in the morning we depart towards the Kingdom of Swaziland.
In the afternoon we return to South Africa and arrive in Sodwana Bay, most popular destination for divers in South Africa.
Overnight at lodge in Sodwana Bay.
D 9-10 Sodwana Bay
– days for diving between beautiful coral reef at Sodwana Bay.
Overnight at lodge in Sodwana Bay.
D 11 Sodwana Bay – St Lucia
– morning dive, afterwards drive to St Lucia – the centre of Greater St. Lucia Wetland Park which was proclaimed as the World Heritage Site in 1999. The park system extends from the Mozambique border for more than 220 km south to Cape St. Lucia and includes 5 different ecosystems: beautiful coral reefs and marine life, sub-tropical forests, highest vegetated dunes, freshwater lakes and savannah woodlands.
In the evening cruise on the St. Lucia lake in search of hippos, crocodiles and many bird species.
Overnight at the guest house in St.Lucia.
D 12 St Lucia – Johannesburg
– after breakfast last visit at the beach, afterwards drive to Johannesburg.
In the evening departure for Europe..
PRICE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
– 11 overnights on BB
– 1 dinner at Lesedi
– 3 dinners at Sodwana Bay
– transport in air-conditioned mini-bus
– service of local guide / driver
– lunches and dinners not mentioned above
– diving and diving equipment rental
– entry fees to parks and visiting places
– international flights
– visa fees for Mozambique ( available at the port of entry )
Copyright © Safpol 2015